Upon the advice of numerous bendy and attractive women, I finally caved and began taking yoga classes last Fall. I am still no closer to touching my toes, but I do have a whole new vocabulary of words that make me feel uncomfortable.
My Top Five Icky Yoga Words
- Sitbones. Noun. The two knobby bits where your legbones meet your buttbone. “Let’s really widen the space between our sitbones.”
- Sacrum. Noun. A mysterious region somewhere between your butt and lower back. “You can let the strap rest right on your partner’s sacrum.”
- Hip crease. Noun. The point near the groin where the hip and leg meet. “Remember to externally rotate your leg so you really see your hip crease.”
- Sensation. Noun. AKA pain. “Notice where you’re feeling the most sensation.”
- Sidebody. Noun. The portion of the body between the hip and armpit. “Extend that left arm to the ceiling to really get in touch with your sidebody.”